Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday Morning Faves (Plus a K-Cup Tip!)

Saturday mornings are my absolute favorite.

While most people look forward to the weekend so they can sleep in, my internal alarm clock has me up bright and early so I take full advantage of it. And by taking advantage of it, I mean cuddling up on the couch with a warm blanket, a big cup cups of coffee, and my favorite FoodNetwork shows.

This morning I decided to change up my usual smoothie routine with a bowl of oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of chia seeds. It definitely hit the spot.


In addition to the oatmeal, I had several cups of coffee in my Epcot mug! I have a small coffee cup collection that would be much bigger if I had the space to store them all!

I have a few handmade ones, gigantic ones that Jon calls a "bowl of coffee" when I drink from them, ones with cute little figures in the bottom, and mugs shaped like different animals. They are just so much fun to find and they always bring back memories every time I use them.


Side note: this photo shows my third cup of coffee from the same K-Cup pod! I have a Keurig 2.0 but do not have a carafe. I experimented a few weeks ago and found that I can get 2 really good quality cups of coffee and 1 weaker cup from the same pod. I drink my coffee black so this is fine by me! I am always sure to hit the "Strong" button on the machine when brewing cup number 3 to get as much flavor as I can.

Jon's dad and uncle are going to be in town this weekend so I am off to do a little bit of light cleaning, finish watching my show, and run a few errands before they arrive!

Question of the Day

What is your favorite thing to do on Saturday morning?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...