Sunday, November 18, 2012

Special Delivery

This post is going to be jam packed with everything from what I did over the weekend to the reason behind my blog's name change!

Friday

Friday night was very relaxing and consisted of a lot of lounging around, watching TV, painting nails, and eating pizza. Jancee was talking on the phone to her boyfriend who is currently stationed at a navy base in Florida and mentioned how her and I were really hungry. Her boyfriend, being the thoughtful guy he is, asked us what our favorite pizza place was in the area and we told him it was Cousin Vinny's Pizza. Cousin Vinny's offers a deal called "The Big Ten" that consists of a large 1-topping pizza, breadsticks and cheese, and 2 drinks. Her boyfriend then hung up the phone, called Cousin V's, and ordered us pizza! I thought this was so sweet of him as he lives 5 states away. He even had the pizza place write a special message in the boxes for Jancee. Thanks for the pizza Dylan!



Saturday

Saturday was also a relaxing day. I didn't have much planned for the day and caught up on a few hours of sleep. Alex's older sister invited us to go with them on a road trip to Ohio to see his parents and some family who was home from out of town. We took them up on the offer right away since we didn't have any other plans for the night. We spent our time talking, playing cards, and eating good food!

(Source)

Workout

Today's workout was all cardio. I hit the gym for 10 minutes on the stair stepper followed by 10 minutes on the bike. My bike workout consisted of alternating 1 minute of resistance 10 and 1 minute of resistance 5 for a total of 10 minutes. I have not done the stair stepper in quite awhile so it was somewhat of a challenge.

Blog Name

The name of my blog was "Run like a girl" but because I couldn't just use runlikeagirl.blogspot I had to use a longer website name, runlikeagirl13miles.blogspot.com which was really lengthy and hard for some people to remember. I will still use the motto "Run like a girl" for the ovarian cancer fundraising aspect of my blog and for the race. At first I was going to use my blog to only track my training for the mini-marathon and in an effort to raise awareness and money for ovarian cancer but I have been loving blogging and have included several things that are not from my training. I decided to change the blog name to "Truffles n' Treadmills." I feel that it is catchy and easier for people to remember, especially because it doesn't include numbers or anything. Plus it includes both my love for chocolate, especially truffles, and my love for running. You can now follow my blog at trufflesntreadmills.blogspot.com 


Did you do anything fun this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...