Friday, December 21, 2012

The End of the World

According to the Mayans, today is supposed to be the end of the world. Other than a power outage and breaking some glass, nothing too horrible happened around my house. Did anything crazy happen around you that made it seem like the world was ending?

Workout

 

I began my day with a workout. Over the summer I was regularly attending fitness classes at the Y near my house. Because I am home for a few weeks I thought it would be fun to go to one of my favorites - Turbo Kick. Turbo Kick is a high intensity cardio kickboxing class and is so much fun! The workout leaves you sweaty and at the very end we do some leg and core work which makes your muscles burn. I love the class because I always know that I will get a great workout out of it.

The Asics I bought a few weeks ago ended up being too tight and then when I went to exchange them for the next size up they felt too big. So look what I wore to Turbo Kick today...


They are super comfy, I love the colors, and I got a great deal on them. Everything you can ask for when it comes to buying new shoes!

Dinner


After my workout I headed to the store to pick up a few things for dinner tonight and to make dessert for a family Christmas party on Sunday. Tonight my grandpa and his friend came over for dinner. Mom made a pot roast that was full of vegetables and buttery biscuits. We were freaking out around 3 when the power went out because the roast was cooking in the crock pot and we thought we were going to have to have a plan B for dinner and for a place to sleep tonight because we would be freezing without heat! Luckily for us the power came back on and we were still able to have dinner tonight.


 After dinner we enjoyed a dessert of fudge brownies and peppermint ice cream. Peppermint ice cream is my absolute favorite but I hate that it only comes out around Christmas. I would buy it all year round if they had it! The brownies were still really warm so they didn't stay together when taking them out of the pan but they tasted great.


 After everyone had left I worked on my t-shirt quilt project a little bit more. Tonight I cut all of the shirts into squares. I hope to make some more progress on the quilt tomorrow!









Did you encounter any the-end-of-the-world type experiences today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...