Sunday, February 3, 2013

Liebster Award

The other day I opened up my email to see that I had received an email saying that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award! I have never been nominated for anything blog related so this was exciting for me. Anna of Herbivore Triathlete is the blogger who nominated me!
The Liebster Award is a way to recognize new and upcoming bloggers who you believe should be recognized for their blogging. As with any award, there are always some rules, so here they are:

List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. (I could only think of 8)
Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 facts about me

1. I am fluent in sign language. One of my brothers is hearing impaired.
2. I have never broken a bone.
3. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. My parents never wanted any pets besides our first cat and I talked them into a few more :)
4. I love running but I have a hard time motivating myself to go and run long miles.
5. I used to eat ranch with everything.
6. I started running in 6th grade.
7. My favorite movie is The Notebook - I love tear jerkers.
8. I enjoy going fishing.
9. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.
10. I want to live somewhere where the temperature is a constant 60-70 degrees all year.
11. When I was little I wanted to work for the DNR when I was little (I have nooo idea why).

11 Questions asked by Anna

1. What was your motivation for starting your blog?
The reason I started my blog was to use it as a way to raise awareness for ovarian cancer while tracking my training for a half-marathon. I started it so people could easily donate to the Paypal account I have set up for my aunt's fundraiser. I quickly began loving blogging and wrote about much more than just my training.

2. What was your favorite subject in school?
I didn't really have a favorite subject but I can tell you what my least favorite subject was: History! I couldn't stand reading about things that happened hundreds of years ago and frankly, I didn't really care.

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?

I have so many but one of my favorites is when I would spend the night at my grandparent's house on the weekend and in the morning we would always go to a local diner for breakfast, we always got the same thing every time and my grandma and I would split it, and then we would go to a pond and feed the ducks and swans. It was always fun and we would alternate weekends between my other siblings so we each got a weekend alone with the grandparents a month.

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would go to Lebanon. My dad was born there and I think it would be cool to see where he grew up.

5. What’s your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love getting to know other bloggers. The blog world is such a fun and inviting place.

6. What is your dream job?
I am going to school now so that I can have my dream job of being a Speech Pathologist. 

7. Do you have any siblings?
Yes. We are all very close in age too. My sister is a year younger than me and then there are twin boys a year younger than her.

8. Which do you prefer, cooking or baking?

Baking! I never really have to cook because my mom normally does whenever I am home so I don't have a passion for it. I enjoy baking especially because you get to eat all of the yummy food after!

9. If you only had one day left on earth, how would you spend it?
I would spend it with my family. 

10. What’s your favorite meal?
Grape leaves are one of my favorites! I also love lasagna and anything Mexican.

11. If you were stranded on an island, what two items would you bring with you?
If I couldn't take anything that needed electricity then I would take my toothbrush and matches. I can't stand it when I don't brush my teeth and matches would help me if I needed to start a fire.

Questions for my nominees

1. What was your first job?
2. Do you follow a set schedule during your day?
3. What type of music do you like best?
4. Did you do any sports/clubs in high school?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. What was the first blog you started following?
7. How tall are you?
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
9. Do you plan your meals or just go with the flow?
10. How did you meet your significant other? (If you have one)
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?

I nominate...

1. Brittany @ Dulce Vie
2. Krista @ Tiny n Fit
3. Becky @ Olives n Wine
4. Ashley @ Running Bun
5. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance
6. Erica @ For the Sake of Cake
7. Brittany @ Go The Xtra Mile
8. Kimberly @ Healthy Strides

Thanks again for the nomination Anna!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...