Monday, February 25, 2013

Puerto Vallarta

How was everyone's weekend? On Saturday I squeezed in a 2 mile run even though it was supposed to be my long run day. As soon as I finish this blog post I am heading out the door and doing my long run today. I already have my running shoes on and everything, I'm just waiting for my iPod to charge up!

The highlight of my weekend was probably lunch on Saturday. Jancee and I were craving Mexican so we headed to a local Mexican restaurant called Puerto Vallarta. I could honestly eat Mexican food and chips and salsa every day so a craving for Mexican is not rare for me. I don't normally get the chance to satisfy my craving for Mexican while at school so I took full advantage of having an opportunity to go out and eat some.

We started off with chips and salsa. Their salsa is so good that I ate two bowls of it before we got our food!


One of the reasons that I love Puerto is because their food actually tastes authentic. Jancee and I both had a hard time choosing what to order and when it came down to it we both ordered practically the same exact thing. She got the Fajita Quesadilla with Steak and I chose the Fajita Quesadilla with Chicken.


A large quesadilla was filled with chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and mushrooms and served with lettuce, sour cream, and tomato on the side. It was definitely delicious and hit the spot!


Sunday was spent doing next to nothing with my favorite boy and his roommates. We watched the NASCAR race that was on TV (most boring thing of my life). I would rather watch people than cars go in circles around a track!

 
If you haven't done so already, head on over and enter to win the Goodbelly giveaway! I'm choosing a winner tomorrow!


Do you have a favorite Mexican restaurant? Is there any food that you are constantly craving?

6 comments:

  1. When I read the title of your post, I thought you were planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta! I was there last year and got super excited, haha :) I always crave Mexican food too but there are ZERO good places here in Minneapolis. I could really go for a good bowl of chips and guac and some enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky that is so funny because when I googled the name of the restaurant the city came up instead! I wish I was planning a trip there!

      Delete
    2. I sort of thought the same thing when I saw her title! Come visit San Diego, with us being right by Tijuana there are so many mexican restaurants here. Since I'm pretty far from Minneapolis maybe Indiana is a more realistic option. I guess opening a mexican restaurant in your city might be a big hit :) also, help your cravings!

      Delete
  2. HAHA Danielle, you'd rather watch people go around in circles. When you say funny things it makes me miss you more, cut it out! Your mexican food looks amazing! I'm happy for you :) I guess my favorite sit down mexican restaurant here is Cafe Coyote but the fast food ones are tasty too. I'm usually craving french fries. My guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for your awesome lunch the day before because I'm not sure I would have been able to make it through watching nascar all day Sunday. Props to you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats good Mexican food. And nothing is worse than Nascar. Ick!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...