Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Greatest Man

I want to take some time today to dedicate this post to my grandfather who peacefully passed away in his sleep early this morning after a short battle with cancer.


My grandpa was by far one of the greatest men I ever had the opportunity of knowing. I am so thankful for all the memories I have with him, all of the support he gave me, and the daily reminders of his love.

I will miss all of his good morning texts and seeing him on the sidelines of races but know that he will always be watching over. I am so thankful for all of the time I was able to spend with him when I was home on spring break and will cherish those memories forever. 


Even though I am sad that he is gone, I am happy that he is no longer in pain. I love him so much and can't wait to be with him again someday.


4 comments:

  1. Danielle, so sorry to hear about your lost. I am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. So glad that you got to spend some quality time with him during spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa, Danielle. It is always difficult to lose someone close to you, especially a grandparent. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. It is hard but he was such a great man that we have so many wonderful memories!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...