I made these peanut butter M&M chocolate cupcakes the other day and every one loved them. They were chocolatey, moist, and had a hint of peanut butter. And the best part? They were so easy to make.
These cupcakes ended up serving a lot of different purposes - I gave Jon a plate for our anniversary, I gave my roommate a few for her 21st birthday (I used M&Ms to create the numbers "2" and "1" on her cupcakes) and I took the rest to our Super Bowl party!
1 box chocolate cake mix
ingredients on the back of the cake mix box (eggs, water, oil)
1 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350'
2. Prepare cake mix as directed on box
3. Put M&Ms in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them up into pieces.
4. Fold crushed M&Ms into the batter
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake as directed on the back of the cake mix box
6. Let cool and frost with peanut butter icing and decorate with any extra M&Ms.
yields: 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes
Peanut Butter IcingI used this recipe from Better Crocker to make my peanut butter icing and it was to die for! I would recommend cutting the recipe in half because I have so much icing left over but if you are planning on caking the icing on the top of your cupcakes then the original recipe will work.
*Beware, these will not last long!
Question of the Day
What is your favorite peanut butter and chocolate combination?