Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Treats

Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Actually, it's tomorrow! Which is even closer!

I have been having some fun baking delicious treats, using tons of sprinkles, and crafting up some cute cards.

--- Happy Valentine's Day ---
from Truffles n' Treadmills

Being the broke college student that I am, I didn't have a ton of money to go out and buy fun presents for all of my loved ones. I also didn't have enough left over spending money to go out and buy more dipping chocolate so I had to do some improvising.

I had a package of Oreos that I wanted to dip completely in white chocolate but I only had one square of white chocolate bark leftover from Christmas baking. I decided to instead spoon some of the chocolate right on top of the Oreo and then decorate with sprinkles!

They're still fun, delicious, and festive. Oh, and they're "better" for you because they are covered in way less chocolate than if I were to dip them completely ;)






Pretzel Crisps® was so kind to send me 9 different varieties of their crisps so I could incorporate them into my baking and cooking. I have came up with a few recipes already but still have a few more up my sleeve so I am not going to share them all with you just yet!

I dipped the Original Pretzel Crisps® in milk chocolate and then decorated with fun Valentine's sprinkles. I love the sweet, salty, and crunchy combination that this treat has!

I found these cute treat bags at Target in their beloved dollar aisle. I also found the fun holiday paper straws there too! I stuffed the bags full of treats and then used washi tape to tie them closed. The washi tape also doubled as name tags for the treat bags.


On a side note, if you don't follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest yet, click HERE so we can stay connected and up to date! You will know of upcoming giveaways, be able to see some of my delicious meals, and see all of my favorite pins!

P.S. The LARABAR giveaway is ending today! Be sure to enter before it's too late.

Question of the Day

Do you have any fun plans for Valentine's Day?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...