Monday, October 22, 2012

First Post!

Hello! My name is Danielle and I am new to blogging but something I am not new to is running. I have been running for the past 8 years and have competed in several 4 mile and 5k races. This past year I joined the running club at my college where we run daily and compete in different 6k races throughout the region. Many of the runners in the club have ran in half and full marathons and because of this I have been motivated to push myself and to run a half-marathon. My college roommate has also decided to train with me and compete with me in the race. A few weeks ago I did some researching and found the race I want to run in - the Indy Mini-Marathon. This is a 13.1 mile long course so it is definitely going to be a challenge as I have never ran more than 7 miles at once!



Over the next few months I am going to blog about my training, tid bits of daily life, and some of my interests. Within the next few weeks I hope to add several other features to this site!


I hope you enjoy following me over the next few months and seeing where my training takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...