Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Workout Schedule

Earlier today I spent some time making a tentative workout schedule for December. I really want to start training for the mini-marathon in May but it is 22 weeks away. I did a little research earlier today and most training programs don't start until 12 or 16 weeks before the actual race date. I don't want to do too much too soon so I think that by only running 3 days a week for now and adding in strength and cross training will help get me ready. I can't wait to start adding on mileage for my long runs next month!



Workout

Today was a strength circuit/cross train day! I completed 20 minutes on the bike before I began on my strength workout. For each exercise I did 3 sets of 8. Today's workout was dependent on the machines at the rec center. The machines I used were: seated leg press (did leg presses and calf raises), hamstring curl, leg extension, hip abduction, and the hip adduction. I was definitely feeling the burn after this workout.

After my workout I enjoyed some foam rolling and used "The Stick." I borrowed the roller and the stick from my neighbors who are on the track team because I still don't own any of my own. After 7 years of running it's hard to believe that I still don't own "The Stick." It's like a must-have for runners. It'd be a great Christmas present (hint, hint)!


Jancee helped me out with using The Stick and my calves felt 10x better afterwards. Although The Stick felt great, foam rolling is my absolute favorite because the effects of it are similar to a deep muscle massage. Ahhhhhh



Do you schedule your workouts in advance or go with the flow?



1 comment:

  1. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really recognize what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally talk over with my website =).
    We can have a link exchange contract between us

    my web blog - http://www.iopescocosi.com/blog/?p=1016

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...