Monday, December 3, 2012

Wishful Thinking

Today was absolutely beautiful outside with a high of 68. Yes, you read that right, it was sixty-eight degrees in December. I enjoyed every minute of the warm weather when I was outside walking to classes and during my run but personally it feels weird being completely comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt outside at this time of the year. All I know is that I want snow for Christmas. That may be wishful thinking but Christmas just isn't Christmas without snow.

This week I am planning on making up my marathon training schedule. As of tomorrow, the mini-marathon is 5 months away! I have never ran that far before, so I assume that getting started a little bit earlier and adding on the mileage will help out in the long run (long run, get it? haha).

On Tuesdays I normally do a track workout with the other members of Run Club but club now meets at 4 and I am still in class at that time. Because I ran both yesterday and today I am thinking about hitting up the machines at the rec center tomorrow. My workouts are normally all free weights, cardio, or body weights only so I think that using machines will be a good change.

Workout

Today I enjoyed a nice 3.7 mile run outside. This is the first time I actually felt good working out since my fever last week. I am still taking my medicine, although I often forget to take it 3 times a day and only do twice, but hopefully this sickness is over with.

Also, the workout log has been updated and I added a new link at the top to the workouts so they are all in one place. As I post new workouts, I will link them all in there!

Are you happy without snow on Christmas or does snow make the holiday more enjoyable for you?

2 comments:

  1. I've loved the warmer weather the last couple of days too! :)
    Great run..glad you're recovering from the fever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...