Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hey everyone! How was your weekend?

Friday was such an enjoyable day for me as all I did was relax and stretch! There was no workout on the schedule for me that day so it was nice having a day off. After a long day of classes I headed off to do a little holiday shopping. I did half of my shopping online but needed to go to the stores to actually pick things out for a few other people. I still have a little bit more to do but as of right now a good portion of it is complete.

Later that night Alex came over and we went and played ping-pong. At first we were playing for fun and then we started playing to keep score. An hour later we had a cracked ball and a score of 17-21 (I think). He won of course. Compared to him, I am not that good. He took it easy on me though when we were actually playing for points and didn't power hit the ball too often, which I am very thankful for :) It was a fun night together doing something different.
  

On Saturday I had planned to do a long run but it didn't happen. Finals begin on Tuesday so I went to the library to finish a paper and a presentation for Monday. I was there for about 6 hours working on the paper and doing some other studying along with some internet browsing of course. By the time I left it was dark and rainy outside and I didn't want to complete a long run on the treadmill. The rest of the night consisted of relaxing and hanging out with friends.

Today Alex and I were at the library once again. I have finals on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday so I am going to be more focused on studying than blogging this week. I will still try and write some short posts for you all to enjoy so the blog won't be completely bare all week. I was at the library for 9 HOURS today. Alex keeps joking that the library will probably start charging us rent because of how often we are there! I am just ready for finals week to be over so I can head home for a nice three week break.


My cousin, Waseam, (seen here) and his girlfriend, Carling, were heading home from a Colts game and made a pit stop to come and visit Jancee and I! I haven't seen Carling in almost a year and I love spending time with her so seeing her was nice.


(photos courtesy of Carling)

Workout

After my long day of studying and sitting, I decided a long run was much needed since I couldn't get it in yesterday. I completed 5 miles on the treadmill in my new shoes! Around mile 4.5 I felt dead and just wanted to stop but I pushed through it and finished the 5 miles. The only thing I don't like about running on a treadmill is the boredom I get if I am running more than 2 or 3 miles. Luckily for me, I was able to get a treadmill that had a TV built in and watched some of the ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas. I don't have any complaints about the shoes except after a few miles they started feeling really snug, so I think I might see if I can return them for the next size up.



 Did you do anything fun this weekend? How do you beat treadmill boredom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...