Friday, January 25, 2013

The New Late Night Option

It's the weekend! Who's excited? I know I am!

Before I get started with last night's adventures I want to point out that today is Alex and I's 10 month anniversary! I can't believe we have only been dating that long because it seems like it has been way longer. Needless to say I am incredibly happy with this man and have enjoyed every moment with him!


Last night's dinner was delicious so I figured I would share it on the blog today. I had a wheat wrap with turkey, red peppers, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, and of course avocado! I am loving avocado lately and have been putting it on everything.


After work I headed over to Alex's house to hang out. Earlier this week a new bakery opened up in "The Village," the little area off of campus that has shops, bars, and restaurants.


The new place that opened up is called Insomnia Cookies and they had a coupon floating around Facebook this week to announce their grand opening last Sunday and to offer us a free cookie! We hopped in the car and headed over to use up our coupons and it seemed like everyone else on campus had the same idea because the bakery was packed with people. They had a "Free Cookie Line" for people who weren't buying but just grabbing their free cookie so we were in and out of there in less than 5 minutes. Alex and I both got the Double Chocolate Chip cookie and it was super warm and gooey.


After we grabbed our cookies we headed over to his sister's house to visit for a little bit. When we got to their house we saw that they a box of cookies and brownies delivered to them a few minutes before we got there! The brownies were realllly good and I would highly recommend those if you ever pass by one of these little shops.

The neat thing about Insomnia Cookies is that they deliver until 3am. There is another late night pizza company near campus that delivers pizzas until some crazy time like 4 or 5am on the weekends too so I think they are up against some pretty sweet competition! 


Have you ever had Insomnia Cookies before? What do you think of the idea of having fresh cookies delivered to you at 3am?

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That cookie joint totally wanted to name itself THE MUNCHIES - but knew that was a tad bit inappropriate! AHH HA HA HA HA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 10 month anniversary! I have never had insomnia cookies! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...