Monday, March 11, 2013

Kidnapped

I am officially back at school after a long and relaxing spring break. We had quite an interesting start to our day here on campus as we woke up to text messages from the university saying there was a gunman on the loose walking around campus. Most of the 8 and 9am classes were closed but when it came time for me to go to my 10am I was still a little worried. Don't worry though! Everyone is safe and they found the guy.

Yesterday my mom, mom's friend, my sister (Stephanie), and I all went to Noodles and Company to eat. At first it was just going to be my mom, Stephanie and I but as we were driving to the restaurant my mom said "Should we stop and kidnap Mrs.L?!" Stephanie and I both immediately said yes so we drove over to her house and when she opened her front door we said "Put your shoes on! You're coming with us to lunch! No ifs, ands, or buts!"

Normally when we go to Noodles and Company I always order the Japanese Pan Noodles (check out my last visit). This time I wanted to try something new so I ordered The Med with a side of Chicken Noodle soup.

The Med had chicken, mushrooms, spinach, red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, cilantro and feta all wrapped up in a warm flatbread. It was served with a side of their "zippy Med dressing."


 The Chicken Noodle soup was delicious as usual. I love the huge noodles they use for the soup. Yum!


All day I have been craving that sandwich! It was so good. Noodles and Co. never disappoint me!

Workout


Over break the only time I ran was on the first Saturday I was home! I planned on running much more but getting almost a foot of snow didn't really make me want to put on my running shoes and run out of the door! Today I did a speed workout on the treadmill. It looked a little something like this:

.25 mile - 6.3 mph
.25 mile - 8.0 mph
Repeat 6 times for a total of 3 miles

Question


Have you ever spontaneously stopped and "kidnapped" a friend on the way to lunch or shopping? It was fun to surprise her like that and luckily for us she didn't have any other plans!

2 comments:

  1. I love noodles & co. So delicious every single time. I work right by one so I'll definitely be visiting more than usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the sandwiches next time! They are yummy

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...