Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blogging Tools

If you are new to blogging, not so tech-savy, or looking for easy to use blogging tools then you have come to the right place! Some of these sites may be old news to you but I thought I would share because I know how it feels to be a new blogger and search Google endlessly for the latest blogging tools. I learned about all of these sites through other bloggers and from the countless Google searches. I have all of these sites favorited on my computer and thought I would share my absolute favorites blogging tools with you that have made blogging easier for me.






I don't consider myself to be an expert at all when it comes to blogging so these are all just suggestions. There are probably other services out there that are even better than these so if you know of any let me know! I am always looking for the next best thing when it comes to blogging tools.

(Note: If you click on the subheadings it will take you directly to that website)

PicMonkey


This site is a lot of fun and so easy to use. You can upload pictures or blank images to the site and then add text, graphics, and more! This is where I make all of my workouts and recipes for the blog fun and eye-catching.



The Pin-It Button


When I first began blogging a few months ago I don't think that this button was as user-friendly for Blogger as it is now. I tried to edit my HTML code so many different times and it never worked, until now. The people over at Pinterest have changed things up and made the button incredibly user friendly!


Image Maps


Do you see those little social media icons on the sidebar of my blog? Yes, I made those myself and yes, it was easy. Image Maps is a website where you upload your image and then can link different sites to the image. It was so easy to use and I highly recommend it especially if you are making your own social media icons or buttons.

Bitly


Ever go to tweet something and then find out you have to cut out half of the words because the URL you put in the tweet is too long? Bitly shortens up the URL making it look cleaner and allowing everything to fit when you only have X number of characters to use. You are also able to see how many clicks the link gets!

For example this: http://trufflesntreadmills.blogspot.com/2013/04/procompression-review-giveaway.html

becomes this: http://bit.ly/Xursb9





Question


What are your favorite blogging tools that you use on a regular basis?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome post - thank you! I need to check out image map for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sites, Danielle! I love PicMonkey :) I have never heard of Bitly... Wordpress is pretty good at providing shortlinks but if I am ever in a bind, I am totally going to use that site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PicMonkey is so much fun! I love all of the holiday graphics

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these! I had been wondering about the image maps and pin it button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pin it button is so user friendly now! Love it!

      Delete
  4. Love this post. Thanks for all the great info and tips! I've never used PicMonkey, but it sounds so fun. I'm definitely going to check it out! Thanks so much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It would be great for all of your recipes :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...